Tuesday, April 6, 2010

As this is a first entry, I'd like to welcome you all to this fresh new piece of web-land. I've created this "blog" as a means to "practice" writing and to divulge my daily obsessions about music and food, and in some cases, random shit that I just feel like writing about or posting.

To begin, I'd like to share my obsession of the month: SHALAMAR. I've just recently discovered the greatness of this disco/funk trio comprising Jeffrey Daniel, Jody Watley and Howard Hewett. What most people don't know about this group is that Jeffrey Daniel is the original MOONWALKER, that is to say, he is the first to do the moonwalk and not Michael Jackson. JD did indeed teach Michael how to do "it" and has also choreographed a lot of stuff for him. Why he doesn't get the rec for this he deserves, I DO NOT KNOW!

Check out Jeffrey's dancing skills:



and with the rest of Shalamar:



Don't forget to turn up the volume!

No comments:

Post a Comment